Do you love to create experiences that look beautiful and function flawlessly?
Arbuckle Media is a digital firm building powerful e-commerce platforms and generating demand for product-based brands. We’re small but mighty, and looking to grow our team. We live and breathe emerging tech, and we are always looking for the next opportunity for our clients to succeed.
We’re a small firm offering:
- Web design and development for product-based e-commerce brands using Shopify and WooCommerce;
- Client-focused training on e-commerce tools;
- Demand generation: digital marketing, strategy, reporting, and web support services;
- Brand positioning strategy and consulting;
- Copywriting and content creation for social media.
About You & Your Position
Arbuckle Media is seeking to recruit a Frontend Web Developer to help build CMS-based e-commerce websites for our clients.
The successful candidate will embrace modern web UI/UX standards, performance expectations, while being an engaged member of a multi-disciplinary project delivery team. If this sounds like the opportunity for experience and growth you are looking for, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Get
- Salary based on experience;
- Unlimited vacation days plus 13 stat holidays (we’re looking for performance and not looking to micromanage your life!);
- Employer-sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan (including online healthcare access);
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth;
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too;
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop new custom Shopify themes and websites for our e-commerce clients;
- Maintain existing Shopify themes and websites we developed;
- Implement customizations to pre-built Shopify themes from other developers;
- Develop custom solutions for navigation and filtering products based on tags;
- Testing and bug fixes in collaboration with the project delivery team;
- Migrate data from one e-commerce store to another;
- Participate in scoping, client meetings, and project meetings to support the project leader and delivery;
- Collaborating with other team members to create content for clients’ websites that adheres to SEO best practices.
- E-commerce experience is a must-have;
- Experience with Shopify’s Liquid templating language AND/OR PHP and WordPress/WooCommerce (both are a big plus!);
- Solid understanding of why and how to separate content from style and behaviour in a web page;
- Excellence with HTML5 and CSS;
- Using CSS preprocessors like Sass is a plus;
- Implementing responsive (and fast!) web designs with modern standards for HTML5 and CSS;
- Knowledge of using SVG graphics in websites;
- Use of web fonts;
- Browser and performance testing/optimizing with tools like Chrome Developer Tools, Lighthouse, and Shopify performance reports;
- Use version control systems like Git and develop as part of a team;
- Ability to fit in with our team and collaborate with experts in other disciplines to deliver impressive projects;
- Experience and comfort level in the command shell;
- Producing code that is maintainable;
- Work full-time, Monday to Friday, with some after-hours or weekend work support (like fixes, launches, etc.) as needed;
- Experience developing e-commerce sites with one or more of: Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, React.js, WebGL, Shopify APIs, Shopify Plus Cart Scripts;
- Communication with clients and internal team;
- Assist project leader in planning and running website builds and data migrations;
- Documenting development plans as tasks in project plans and feature backlog;
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM based environment for project and sprint management is a big plus;
- A resume and/or portfolio that captures your related work experience; and
- A cover letter, including desired salary expectations and a minimum of 3 professional references.
Please submit all of the above to [email protected] with the job title (“Frontend Web Developer”) in the subject line. No phone calls.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.