Do you love to create experiences that look beautiful and function flawlessly?
Arbuckle Media is a digital firm building powerful e-commerce platforms and generating demand for product-based brands. We’re small but mighty, and looking to grow our team. We live and breathe emerging tech, and we are always looking for the next opportunity for our clients to succeed.
We’re a small firm offering:
- Web design and development for product-based e-commerce brands using Shopify and WooCommerce;
- Client-focused training on e-commerce tools;
- Demand generation: digital marketing, strategy, reporting, and web support services;
- Brand positioning strategy and consulting;
- Copywriting and content creation for social media.
About Your Position
Arbuckle Media is seeking to recruit a Lead UI/UX Web Designer to help build CMS-based e-commerce websites for our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own designs that create engaging and immersive experiences across desktop and mobile devices
- Continuously collaborating with management and developers to ensure a full understanding of the problem, the users, and product vision;
- Developing wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to iterate solutions with in-house developers;
- Seeking out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders including clients;
- Producing final design assets, including visuals and animations to execute the design;
- Communicating your ideas, concepts and insights clearly;
- Defining data and analytics to measure design solutions;
- Participate in scoping, client meetings, and project meetings to support the project leader and delivery;
- Collaborating with other team members to create content for clients’ websites that adheres to SEO best practices
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 2 years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Designer (experience with UI/UX design experience is required);
- Have a deep understanding of modern UI/UX best practices and standards;
- Experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web applications, e-commerce, and mobile;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of HTML, CSS;
- Have familiarity with CMS (content management systems) like WordPress or Shopify;
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of design deliverables such as information architecture, task flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to follow workflows and Quality Assurance guidelines;
- Experience with Scrum agile framework for project management an asset;
- Ability to articulate difficult concepts in simple terms to clients who may have varying backgrounds of design and development experience;
We will consider candidates available for remote work within Canada.
What You’ll Get
- Salary based on experience, with room for advancement based on performance and contributions to the team environment and projects;
- Unlimited vacation days plus 13 stat holidays (we’re looking for performance and not looking to micromanage your life!);
- Employer-sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan (including online healthcare access);
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth;
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too;
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Documenting development plans as tasks in project plans and feature backlogs
How To Apply
- A resume and/or portfolio that captures your related work experience;
- A cover letter, including your salary expectations;
Please submit all of the above to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please.