Job Posting Date:
Position: Executive Assistant
Posting: July 2022
Are you organized, a self-starter, and have an interest in digital marketing and tech?
Arbuckle Media is a marketing-tech company building powerful e-commerce platforms and generating demand for product-based brands. We’re small but mighty, and looking to grow our team. We live and breathe emerging tech, and we are always looking for the next opportunity for our clients to succeed.
We’re a small company offering:
- Web design and development for product-based e-commerce brands using Shopify and WooCommerce;
- Marketing automation programming
- Client-focused training on e-commerce tools;
- Demand generation: digital marketing, strategy, reporting, and web support services;
- Brand positioning strategy and consulting;
- Copywriting and content creation for social media.
As a tech and software innovator in the marketing tech industry, we feel it is our duty to be facilitators of change, both in the products we create, and in the culture of our workplace environment and the community at large. Our mandate is to create good career jobs for women, non-binary, trans-identifying and underrepresented peoples in tech. By creating a workplace that both embraces and looks beyond one’s identity and appearance or disability, and creates opportunities for them to learn, grow, and thrive in one of the most cutting edge industries in the world. The mutually beneficial relationship between business and inclusivity is key to remaining nimble in our mindset toward the tools of our trade, the people in our teams, and to whom we lend our expertise.
About You & Your Position
Arbuckle Media is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant. The successful candidate will embrace the latest social trends and great communications standards, while being an engaged member of a multi-disciplinary project delivery team. If this sounds like the opportunity for experience and growth you are looking for, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
This is a salaried full-time position. Agency experience, and experience working directly with any one specific is not required, but you must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of organizational best practices.
- Salary based on experience.
- Unlimited vacation days plus 13 stat holidays and PTO during the Holidays (we’re looking for performance, and not looking to micromanage your life!)
- Employer-sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan (including online healthcare access)
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
Role & Responsibilities
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence;
- Filing important documents, such as reports, meeting notes, emails, and letters;
- Keeping the executive’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings;
- Keeping the executive on-task, organized, and focused on key objectives and functions;
- Assisting the executive with eliminating, automating or transferring (delegating) tasks and functions to the team;
- Acting as the gatekeeper for internal and external contacts, including vendors, colleagues, clients, and customers;
- Conducting research and creating reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive;
- Planning and organizing events that take place externally, such as fundraisers, sporting tournaments, and appreciation events
- Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically;
- Maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality;
- Manage multiple deadlines and clients;
- Delegate tasks to web development and digital marketing teams, while ensuring projects are on track and deadlines are met;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must understand social cues and be able to handle each client and situation appropriately, professionally and assertively.
- Must be able to solicit feedback and information from others where necessary, set boundaries and ‘defend calendars,’ as well as pass along critical information, direction and orders as needed.
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Ability to manage your own calendar and the calendars of others required.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced business environment.
- Strong (written and oral) communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to conduct research and create reports or presentations;
- Ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion ;
- Basic computer and office equipment skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Stays up-to-date and informed on the latest digital trends;
- Avid interest in implementing new tactics and harnessing the power of new tools.
- Fully licensed and insured driver, with access to own transportation.
- Experience in the marketing/advertising industry is an asset.
- Agency experience is an asset;
To set expectations for a great fit, you’ll be:
- Self-driven and able to self-manage time around a flexible schedule;
- Able to work remotely, both securely and privately (to ensure security of data transfer and client service communications);
- Excellent at time management in order to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort;
- Able to take constructive feedback, and provide constructive feedback to others, both internally and externally, where required;
- Able to deliver excellent client service and communication skills both written and verbal, where required;
- Expects personal and team performance to be the best.
- Attentive to detail, and not let important details slip through the cracks, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work efficiently with little supervision;
- Curious and takes ownership of your role;
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development.
- Be grounded: able to work in an environment where humor plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday.
- Understands that our client’s aren’t perfect: our smaller clients often need to be spoken to in plain-language, and the ability to service them and translate to a language that they understand is imperative.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging situations and under pressure
- Ability to set expectations and deliver information in a positive and articulate way
- Experience with working with external partners and/or influencers is a massive bonus;
- Experience working with Google workspace an asset;
- Experience working within a startup environment or small (under 20 person) teams an asset;
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms;
- Experience with requirements gathering and scoping social media and content work for client projects;
- Search engine optimization experience and adherence to industry best practices an asset;
- Relevant post-secondary education is an asset;
- Relevant professional development is an asset;
- Be able to fluently communicate and write in French and/or Spanish, or have another marketable language fluency/fluencies an asset;
- A resume and/or portfolio that captures your related work experience;
- A cover letter, including desired salary expectations;
- No phone calls, please.
Please submit all of the above to [email protected] with the job title (“Executive Assistant”) in the subject line.