Job Posting Date:
Arbuckle Media partners with brands who spend between 2-10% of their annual revenue on marketing, and utilize e-commerce as part of their sales and digital marketing channels to build powerful e-commerce experiences and generate demand for their products through digital marketing.
As a tech and software innovator in the marketing tech industry, we feel it is our duty to be facilitators of change, both in the products we create, and in the culture of our workplace environment and the community at large. Our mandate is to create good career jobs for underrepresented peoples in tech. By creating a workplace that looks beyond one’s identity and appearance or disability, we provide opportunities for them to learn, grow, and thrive in one of the most cutting edge industries in the world. The mutually beneficial relationship between business and inclusivity is key to remaining nimble in our mindset toward the tools of our trade, the people in our teams, and to whom we lend our expertise.
At our core, we’re a small company offering:
- Web development for ecommerce experiences;
- Brand strategy and execution;
- Email and social media marketing strategy + support;
- Copywriting and editing for the web;
- Product photography and video production project management;
- Paid ad strategy and media buying (digital);
- Digital analytics and reporting;
- Client-focused training on e-commerce tools;
About You & Your Position
Arbuckle Media is seeking to recruit a Digital Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will embrace the latest social trends and have great communications standards, while being an engaged member of a multi-disciplinary project delivery team.
If this sounds like the opportunity for experience and growth you are looking for, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!
This is a salaried full-time position. Agency experience, and experience working directly with any one specific is not required, but you must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of email and social media marketing best practices and tactics, experience with creating content on a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Insta, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok, YouTube, etc.), understanding of how to best rep brands, and a deep understanding of memes and internet culture is a must have.
- Salary based on experience;
- Self-managed vacation policy, plus 13 stat holidays and regularly-scheduled PTO during the Holidays (we’re looking for performance and not looking to micromanage your life!);
- Employer-sponsored life, disability, health, and dental plan (including online healthcare access);
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting clients focused on growth;
- A team of smart, hard-working people who know how to have fun too;
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan, create, and schedule social content;
- Prepare KPI reports and manage weekly meetings for multiple clients
- Engage on clients’ behalf on social following established brand voice and tone guidelines and key messages
- Review and coordinate user-generated content, paid partnerships, and influencer and affiliate partnerships and campaigns;
- Execute deliverables and communications for current clients;
- Write POVs and briefs
- Participate in creative brainstorms, strategy sessions, and project planning sessions;
- Manage multiple deadlines and clients, including setting agendas and running meetings;
- Delegate tasks to web, and digital marketing team while ensuring projects are on track and deadlines are met
- Experience in the marketing/ advertising industry is required, agency is an asset;
- Experience with copywriting, and capable of proof-reading and reviewing others’ work;
- Post-secondary education with a focus on advertising, marketing, journalism, communications, or business;
- Highly organized and ability to function in a fast-paced business environment;
- Proven experience developing and executing highly creative and effective social media content and campaigns;
- Experience in developing paid media campaign strategies for platforms such as Google Ads, Meta Ads, TikTok, and Pinterest is a strong asset;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Avid interest in implementing new tactics and harnessing the power of new tools.
- Stays up-to-date and informed on the latest digital trends;
To set expectations for a great fit, you’ll be:
- Self-driven and able to self-manage time around a flexible schedule;
- Motivated to deeper certain skills and set your own professional development goals;
- Able to work remotely, both securely and privately (to ensure security of data transfer and client service communications);
- Excellent at time management in order to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort;
- Able to take constructive feedback, and provide constructive feedback to others, both internally and externally, where required;
- Able to deliver excellent client service and communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceed expectations and go the extra mile for both internal and external clients and partners. Expects personal and team performance to be the best.
- Attentive to detail, and not let important details slip through the cracks, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work efficiently with little supervision;
- Curious and takes ownership of your role;
- Adaptable: adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change, often in ambiguity. Seeks out opportunities for development.
- Be grounded: able to work in an environment where humor plays an important role in regulating the tone of our workday.
- Understands that our client’s aren’t perfect: our smaller clients often need to be spoken to in plain-language, and the ability to service them and translate to a language that they understand is imperative.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging situations and under pressure
- Ability to set expectations and deliver information in a positive and articulate way
- Experience with working with external partners and/or influencers is a massive bonus;
- Be able to fluently communicate and write in French and/or Spanish, or have another marketable language fluency/fluencies;
- Experience working with Google workspace an asset;
- Experience working within a startup environment or small (under 10 person) team an asset;
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms;
- Experience with requirements gathering and scoping social media and content work for client projects;
- Search engine optimization experience and adherence to industry best practices an asset;
- Relevant post-secondary education is an asset, but not required;
- Relevant professional development is an asset;
- A resume and/or portfolio that captures your related work experience;
- A cover letter, including desired salary expectations;
Please submit all of the above to [email protected] with the job title (“Digital Marketing Manager”) in the subject line. No phone calls, please.